Woah… this is a pretty cool thing that I just learned about. The Liebster Award is basically the chain mail award for bloggers, which at first sounds really annoying (cuz I hate chain mail with a passion), but in the blogging world it is a nice way to reach out to more bloggers (especially newbies like me!) and get to know a little bit about them.
So thank you Gina from FibreandFabrics for nominating me for the Liebster Award! It’s something I really wasn’t expecting because I have only 3 posts so far!
So basically the rules of the liebster award are to answer 10 (some say 11?) questions, then give 10 questions to 10 bloggers with under 200 followers.
So here are my answers to FibreandFabrics’ questions!
1. How did your love for yarn/crafting start?
I have been crocheting since I was pretty young (13 or 14 I think). My aunt taught me the basic double crochet square so I only made blankets out of squares for a long time. I think I didn’t even learn there was stitches other than the double crochet until I graduated college, which just cracks me up. Anyways after I graduated 3 years ago I started crochet anything and everything that I could, and now I am obsessed!
2. Where do you get your inspiration from?
I really love to look at something that isn’t crocheted and imagine “how can I crochet something like that”. My boyfriend jokes that soon everything in our apartment will be crocheted 😉
3. What 2 words best describe you?
Definitely GOOFY and CREATIVE. I would like to say “funny”, but usually jokes are more funny in my head than others think so I would just call myself a goof. And I have always tried to be creative with everything I do.
4. If you were stuck on a desert island and could only bring 3 things with you….what would they be?
Ohhh this question… I never understand this one because there is so much uncertainty. Anyways, how much yarn can I bring? haha 😉
5. Where is your favorite place to be crafty?
In front of a good (or crappy really) movie. I always feel like I am wasting time watching a movie or TV but if I am crocheting I feel like I am being productive! win, win.
6. What’s your favorite post from your blog? (Share the link!)
Honestly, I really don’t have a favorite post yet. I am brand-spanking-new to the blogging world so I guess it would be my most recent post about my 1st purchasable pattern for a Crocheted Flower Vase
7. What are 2 things you MUST do before you die?
First, have a child. I am not ready for this at all right now, but I really do think I will be an awesome Mom. I have never had doubts about having a family of my own.
Second, Sky dive. This is something I keep telling myself I’m not afraid of and would love to do, but have still never looked into actually doing it. On the bucket list for sure!
8. If you have more than 1 crafting hobby, which is your favorite and why?
I have tried to knit a few times, and I do love to scrap book and create random decorations. However, crochet is my true love. Mostly because there is always a new technique or stitch to learn. It really is the never-ending hobby 🙂
9. Do you sell your crafts? If so post the link!
No, but I just started selling patterns! Here is the link to my ravelry store. I think one day I will sell items if I have a dedicated craft room, but for now I am too worried Dexter (my cat) fur will get too intertwined in products. I wouldn’t feel comfortable selling those!
10. If you could ask 1 famous person in all of history a question who would it be?
Hmmm if I could talk to anyone from the past there is no way I could ask just one question. But it would be really really awesome to hang out with ancient Greek philosophers like Plato just to experience all that incredible knowledge first hand.
OK now to pass it around, I really don’t know that many other blogs yet so here is who I nominate:
Saturday Night Stitch (love that name)
Epic by Design
Here are the questions you have to answer, and then nominate 5-10 of your own favorite blogs:
1. What made you decide to start a blog?
2. What is your favorite thing to make (scarf, blanket, clothes, etc..)?
3. What would be your dream job?
4. If you won the lottery what is the first big purchase you would make?
5. How long have you been blogging?
6. What if is your favorite post? include the link!
7. What is the story behind your blog name?
8. What are 3 things on your bucket list?
9. Which celebrity would most like to meet?
10. If you had a 1-way time machine, but you could only go forwards or backwards, which way would you go and how far?
Thanks again to Gina from Fibre and Fabrics!